Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Outreach

Sorry to leave you all hanging!  It's been quite busy here at YWAM.
Can I have a drum roll please.......
I'm going to London!
Shocked? Surprised?  I sure was.
So I know what you're thinking; not only does she get the chance to be in Australia, she's going to London as well....sounds like more of a vacation to me. (at least this is what I feel like some people may think).
But really it's not like that at all, sure I'm enjoying many new experiences (as you can tell if you have me as a friend on facebook) but none of it compares to the amazing growth I've had in my relationship with the Lord.
I would go into detail on everything I've been learning but I have limited time before I go into lectures...but I knew I had to write a little something; again I waited way too long to write a post.
Don't worry though! I'm going to take the time to write one big blog post before the weekend comes, to let ya'll know about the amazing things YWAM has been doing both in my life and in the lives of others.
So back to London.
It's unlike the usual outreach locations missionaries go on--no I'm not going to be saving starving kids in Africa, but it's an awesome opportunity all the same; and just as important compared to if I went into the most secluded area of the world.
Many of you know the 2012 Summer Olympics will be held in London this July so many people from all around the world will be there when I go!  The details aren't set into stone but we'll be partnering with Mega-Cities (their focus is on the problems of the explosively growing metropolitan areas) and doing things like going into schools and sharing my own personal testimony.
That's really all I know for now.
I will bring you more up to date in the next few days!

excited.
mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment